massage + MINDFULNESS
Massage uses systemised
of soft tissue to relieve
or heal a disorder
Every massage is tailored to your needs and can include Remedial, Deep Tissue, Sports, Therapeutic and Relaxation Massage techniques to treat a condition. Treatment options include a 1-2 minute mindfulness focusing on your body in the moments prior to massage. As the mind relaxes so does the body's connective tissue, enhancing the efficacy of treating muscular and joint pain and promoting well-being through self-awareness. (Mindfulness optional). See client 'Testimonials' for detail.
The benefits of massage reach well beyond the Integumentary system and the most superficial layer of tissue, our skin. Massage therapy is beneficial to numerous body systems including the Circulatory, Nervous, Musculoskeletal, Digestive and Respiratory body systems.
Massage benefits can include:
- Stress management (including those experiencing anxiety and depression, or stress hormones)
- Reduced muscle tension
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- Enhanced recovery of soft tissue strains and injuries
- Improved skin tone
- Increased self-awareness
- Heighten mental alertness
- Assistance with digestive disorders
- Assistance with Fibromyalgia
- Managing headaches
- Addressing insomnia related to stress
- Treatment of myofascial pain syndrome
- Assistance with temporomandibular joint pain
- Immune therapy (finding successful trials in Aids Patients).
Beyond the benefits massage has to offer for specific conditions such as Rotator Cuff, Tendonitis, Sciatica, Plantar Fasciitis or those listed above, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of being cared for, comforted and connected.
(Better health, Victorian Government, https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/massage)
90 min - $100
60 min - $75
50 min - $65
40 min - $55
30 min - $45
*Add $10 for initial consult
Private Health Fund rebates are available for selected funds, and where clients have 'extras' to claim Massage.